Wednesday, May 19, 2010

As a food studies student class presentations usually include food or beverages to supplement them since all our paper topics revolve around food. This last semester for my Food History class, one girl brought in salad to accompany her "History of Salad" presentation.  I, being my usual ravenous self, dove right in and proceeded to devour the delicious salad. It wasn't until I was scraping up the last few pieces that my friend mentioned something about the taste of anchovies. The presenter confirmed. Oops. A few minutes passed and all I had were tingly gums and lips. But no hives, no swelling, no nausea later. What does this mean? Can I eat Caesar Salad? I have not once tasted that American classic. What is it about anchovies that doesn't cause the serious reaction? Why are they different? All these questions are still unanswered, but hopefully in response to the Times debate more answers will soon be appearing. I suppose I may be trying a bite of Caesar Salad soon. As for now, I guess that was a freebie.

No comments:

Post a Comment