Sunday, November 1, 2009

health nut

Just the other day I was at a friend's house for a "financially responsible" lunch-- BLT's instead of eating at the Indian restaurant we had been eyeballing earlier.  She popped the bread in the oven to toast while we sliced the tomatoes and cooked the bacon.  I went to put the bread back in the refrigerator, when I noticed the bread was conveniently called "Health Nut".  This was causation enough to make me look at the ingredient list, which is second nature to me anyhow, so I don't know why I didn't check in the first place.  And sure enough, walnuts, hazelnuts and "other tree nuts" were in the list.  She unnecessarily felt bad for almost poising me-- obviously it was completely accidental and no harm was done.  Moreover, I'm well acquainted to situations like these occurring practically everyday. So I simply opted for a BLT wrap... thankful she had tortillas on hand.  And it was financially and tastefully satisfying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment